Prakriti Resources Centre (PRC) is a non-governmental organization working for sustainable development and environmental justice in Nepal. Organizational focus is in the areas of climate change, resilience and disaster risk reduction and environmental sustainability. In these areas, we conduct research and study, carry out policy intervention, build awareness, knowledge and capacity of stakeholders, and facilitate dialogue among them.
PRC is seeking an expression of interest from qualified candidates for the following positions in MAP for 100% Renewable Energy project. The 3-year project aims to build multi-stakeholder platform to facilitate policy discourses on 100% renewable energy in federal, provincial and municipal governments.
- Position: Project Officer
Location (base): Kathmandu
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Period: 8 months with possibility of extension
Probation Period: 3 months
Project: MAP for 100% Renewable Energy
No of opening: 1
Project Officer will work within a project team ensuring effective and timely delivery of MAP for 100% Renewable Energy project’s activities. S/he will support the Programme Coordinator in planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on delivery of the project activities as per the project implementation plan.
- Develop and revise project implementation plan in consultation with project team.
- Organize and facilitate meetings, workshops, interactions, seminars and other events.
- Organize capacity building activities as planned in the project.
- Document and maintain project documents, reports, and other information related to the project.
- Regular travel to the project areas to implement project activities.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders, NGOs and relevant networks on climate change and energy
- Support on conducting monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Support in preparing quality reports of the project activities.
- Work with project team for timely delivery of project activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project cycle management and MEL.
- Basic computer skills like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and English and Nepali typing
- Strong interpersonal skills and build professional relationship within team, partners, governments.
- Good Communication (spoken and written skills) both in English and Nepali language
- Willing to travel within the country when work demands.
- Able to facilitate meetings, workshops and other events.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (preferably Master) in Environment Science, Natural Resources Management, Development Studies or related disciplines
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in donor funded projects.
- Previous experience working in the field of renewable energy, climate change and environment
Application Submission Process
Interested applicants should send in their CV (3 pages) and a cover letter. The letter should explain why the person is interested in the position and detail out relevant achievements. The applicant must explicitly mention the position s/he is applying for in the subject line of the letter. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the next round of recruitment.
Women and person from marginalized and disadvantaged community are encouraged to apply
Please send in the application in the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th July 2022